POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.1 : Re: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.1 Server Time
16 May 2024 16:46:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.1
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 27 Dec 2004 13:12:15
Message: <41d0507f@news.povray.org>
Thomas,
GREAT comments .. am working through all the replies.

I have posted V1.1.1 of the plugin that should give us options for the
Browse button.  See the announce post for V1.1.1.

To address the other points.

1. I agree.  I have made that an entry in my to-do list.  I must admit that
I am a newbie to Moray and POV-Ray ... on a 1-10 scale of Ray tracing
skills, I am about a 3 (10 being good).  As such, I am relying on y'all to
tell me WHAT should be said and done.  Let me know and I will attempt to
include in the Plugin.

2. I like this and can include very quickly.  My question for you and the
rest of the gang ... is this all that is needed?  If I include a check box
(called what?  "Orient" perhaps?) then if I add:

union
{
   #include <filename>
   scale <1,1,-1>
   rotate <90,0,0>
}

When selected ... is this what you want?

3. I'd love to be able to determine the bounding box but don't know how yet
(if at all possible).

4. Grouping is still a bit of work in progress.  Moray Groups work but not
yet CSGs.  If you add a "POVInclude" to a Moray Group, all should be good.

When added to a group, the following code is generated:

#declare POVInclude1 = union {
  #include ""
}

union { // Group001