POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That other cliche : Re: That other cliche Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That other cliche
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Dec 2004 12:39:30
Message: <41d048d2$1@news.povray.org>
Question: I don't quite understand "That other cliche"
Answer:
http://sjbaker.org/teapot/

Question: What is the meaning of life? (HHGTTG)
> 42.... is it THE Answer?
> Marc
Answer:  42 is always the answer, regardless of the question, and a handy
number to have around anyway:

How old are you ... 42 (ish, for several years now)
What time do you want to go for a beer ... 4:20 (or now)
Did you see that bikini ... Yeah, 42 at least

(Really, I'm just making these up as I go ....)

BUT News To Me
http://sjbaker.org/teapot/
has the link:

Spotting the Teapot (at Tea-Time!) in the 3D tubes screen saver.
http://www.eeggs.com/

Where I learned
Home > Computers > Operating Systems > Windows 98
Windows 98 - Teapot Screensaver
1. Go to Display properties for screensavers
2. Select pipes as "multiple"
3. Select Pipe style as "Traditional"
4. Select joint type as "mixed"
5. Surface style to be "solid"
6. Click OK
7. Watch the screensaver for teapots instead of joints!
Also works on Win95.

and some other "eggs" in Word97 and Excel97 of which I was unaware.

Learn something every day!

Stephen