POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP #3 : Re: Miss you - WIP #3 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you - WIP #3
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 24 Dec 2004 05:31:01
Message: <41cbefe5$1@news.povray.org>
> i think i'd leave the right end of the fences alone and try moving the
> tree/corner join left almost to forest edge, there's a conventient
> dimple in there, almost horizontally left and jiggle with the fence
> spacing as already suggested

Yup, more irregularities in the fence are planned. The algorithm was simple
divide-and-place, but modifications should be simple.

> suggestion of track outline in the snow, maybe with occasional grass
> spikes. rutted track throws up a sort of higher edge and a bit in
> middle, grass would poke though. hard to explain what i mean

I've already begun searching for some reference photos. As of yet I'm unsure
if I can get it right, but I'll try. If it doesn't work, I'll drop it. First
I'll check on the fences and the corner-position, might make a track
impossible to place.

> have you tried scaling the cat up by 1.25/1.5 out of curiosity?
> and move along a line right up 20-30 deg to compensate

Moving it away from the straight line is a good suggestion, scaling it
larger might be in order when they're moved. Otherwise, the cat-treehouse
relationship gets a little strange...

Thanks,
Tim

--