POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP #3 : Re: Miss you - WIP #3 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you - WIP #3
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 24 Dec 2004 04:18:35
Message: <41cbdeeb@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> The latest version of the image. I'm unsure if I really want to go ahead and
> add some clouds, mainly because the landscape already has much white and
> extra clouds would subtract the nice blue-white-contrast.
>
> I'm thinking about pulling the distant lone tree with the fence a little
> closer, there's still quite a gap between the forest and the fence. I'll
> also need to add some more fine-detail to the main heightfield to avoid the
> plain white areas, that just look's awful.
>
> Tried putting some mountains at the horizon, but that just looked
> ridiculously overloaded.
>
> Suggestions and comments welcome, as always! :-)
>
> Regards,
> Tim

i think i'd leave the right end of the fences alone and try moving the
tree/corner join left almost to forest edge, there's a conventient
dimple in there, almost horizontally left and jiggle with the fence
spacing as already suggested

suggestion of track outline in the snow, maybe with occasional grass
spikes. rutted track throws up a sort of higher edge and a bit in
middle, grass would poke though. hard to explain what i mean

have you tried scaling the cat up by 1.25/1.5 out of curiosity?
and move along a line right up 20-30 deg to compensate

stephen