POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP #3 : Re: Miss you - WIP #3 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:36:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you - WIP #3
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 23 Dec 2004 17:18:23
Message: <41cb442f$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:

>>- The poles making up the fence look pretty bendy.
>

> Yup, old and worn out. Maybe a little too much, I'll experiment some more.

I don't think it's that they are too bent, maybe just a little, but that
they are too regular. Each section of the fence is too similar to the
once before it, creating the look of a regular pattern off into the
distance. You might want to have some missing cross pieces in some
sections and have others lying on the ground. But maybe that's just my
own taste?

>>- I would agree that you should change the fence's position; why would
>>someone's property end 30 feet before the forest begins? It just seems
>>strangely placed.
>

> Maybe because he wasn't allowed to buy more? ;-) I won't go ahead and fit
> the fence along the curve of the forest though...

Yeah I don't think it would look good with the fence right up against
for forest, even if it is realistic.