POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP #3 : Re: Miss you - WIP #3 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you - WIP #3
From: Alain
Date: 23 Dec 2004 17:03:12
Message: <41cb40a0$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-12-23 14:05... :

>Hi all!
>
>The latest version of the image. I'm unsure if I really want to go ahead and
>add some clouds, mainly because the landscape already has much white and
>extra clouds would subtract the nice blue-white-contrast.
>
>I'm thinking about pulling the distant lone tree with the fence a little
>closer, there's still quite a gap between the forest and the fence. I'll
>also need to add some more fine-detail to the main heightfield to avoid the
>plain white areas, that just look's awful.
>
>Tried putting some mountains at the horizon, but that just looked
>ridiculously overloaded.
>
>Suggestions and comments welcome, as always! :-)
>
>Regards,
>Tim

If you want some clouds, I think they should be wispy, almost transparent.
Contrary to Slime, I see no problem with the proximity of the fence and
the forest, I've seen similar placement a few times. Maybe the owner of
the fenced terrain used the trees from the gap to build the fence, or to
heat his home...
Some natural forests have virtualy no undergrowth or bushes under the
trees, while having bushes near the edges. Just have the bushes closer
to the trees would be OK.

Alain