POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Terrain for Myst-Like Game II ~ 200k : Re: Terrain for Myst-Like Game II ~ 200k Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain for Myst-Like Game II ~ 200k
From: Slime
Date: 23 Dec 2004 01:17:30
Message: <41ca62fa@news.povray.org>
> As I mentioned in the previous post, I was sort of fiddling around with
> ideas for the terrain of a Myst-like game.  I took the base scene that I
> had before and added some structures to it.  I hope that it is starting
> to look good.  Any feedback is greatly valued.

The structures look very good; they actually shadow the island in terms of
realism/attractiveness, so you might have to work on the island some more to
make up for that. =)

Consider that, during actual gameplay, it might be hard (at this point) to
know which structure you're in, since the view towards the island looks
almost identical regardless of which one you're in (there'll be one
structure to the left and another to the right).

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]