POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Terrain for Myst-Like Game II ~ 200k : Re: Terrain for Myst-Like Game II ~ 200k Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:40:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain for Myst-Like Game II ~ 200k
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 23 Dec 2004 01:02:41
Message: <41ca5f81$1@news.povray.org>
Aaron Gillies wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Please see the attached image ...
>
> As I mentioned in the previous post, I was sort of fiddling around with
> ideas for the terrain of a Myst-like game.  I took the base scene that I
> had before and added some structures to it.  I hope that it is starting
> to look good.  Any feedback is greatly valued.

Definitely starting to look Myst like. Again until more is added to the
scene scale is still a bit of an issue. Judging from the handrails
around the building the central island looks to be about 30-40 feet
height, about the height of a large house. If that's the scale you are
going for then it looks right. If not then you might want to adjust the
structures around it, lower their ceilings, make the handrails much
lower and with twice the number or more of posts etc.. The scale will
become more obvious of course once you have added more detail.