POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Christmas tree : Re: Christmas tree Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christmas tree
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 22 Dec 2004 20:52:10
Message: <41ca24ca$1@news.povray.org>
Rarius wrote:
> Just a little something I threw together!

"Threw together", my foot. That's terriffic work! Like Ralph said, the
detail is great. I like the bucket as well - good texturing.

The great thing about the tree is that it has just enough needles - not
too many to make it look packed, but not too few to make it look sparse.
It looks like, well, a christmas tree!

The only question I have is...are tree branches where you live really
that bent? :) It only looks a little strange at the bottom. All the ones
I've seen they tend to be angled just a little upwards and fairly straight.

I was just saying to my folks today that next year I'll do a render to
put on Christmas cards and send them out. Now I have something to
inspire me when the time comes! :)

Keep it up!

~Mike