POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings question : Re: Wings question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:43:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings question
From: Harold
Date: 21 Dec 2004 17:13:27
Message: <41c8a007$1@news.povray.org>
stm31415 is right, Wings3D will read the tar file directly and install the
plug in.

I could be wrong but I think the plug in doesn't work with the most recent
version, but I know it does with ver 0.98.22c.

Also, I find that even modest size model output will cause POV-Ray to crash.
This is because the export plug in prints each entire mesh component type on
one line. On a recent model one line in POV was over 85,000 characters in
length! To get around this problem I read the file into MS-Word and use
"replace" to add a return after arbitrary vertices.

For example: I have it search for

 5>,

and replace with

5>,^p

this makes Word add a line return to every vector ending with a 5,
sometimes I need to repeat with another number, like 0 or 3 to get
short enough lines not to choke POV.

Are these "Popsicles" in Wings3D or when rendered in POV?
It is likely that you are not yet use to the way Wings3D "smooths"
objects. You can bevel, add edges, or harden edges to control
final smoothed shape.

Harolddd