POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car modeling update [76K] : Re: Car modeling update [55K] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car modeling update [55K]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Dec 2004 08:46:31
Message: <41c82937$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   Wow... you really needed it, isn't? :)

Yes I use the technique a lot.  It is not too bad once the external
piece is standardized.  Inside Wings I have preset materials for this
purpose. Sometimes I also use the material names to pass along
parameters. It is useful because not only do you get surface points but
their normals so you can calculate points at distances above the surface
too.  I use them to generate splines which in turn I use to generate
hair, or, in my current project, feathers.