POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car modeling update [76K] : Re: Car modeling update [55K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car modeling update [55K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Dec 2004 13:50:53
Message: <41c71f0d@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:
> next step : motion blur ?

   No, not for the moment. Next step was creating a "circuit" with
Wings3D, and it took me a lot of time to figure that the way to go was
to bridge several sections of torus. Now I've a nice circuit, but I
can't find a way to extract all the point's of an edge loop to a text
file, ordered by the loop order... that would allow to animate the car
taking a tour, following the spline defined by these points. Well, I
will have to hand code them looking at wings3D one by one.... at least
the circuit is very short!

   Here is a shot of the car on the circuit, also populated with POVTree
  and trace()...

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message