POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car modeling update [76K] : Re: Car modeling update [51+43K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car modeling update [51+43K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Dec 2004 13:58:44
Message: <41c5cf64@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Looks excellent with the detail added. This gives a good indication of
> the speed at which you work, also the quality that is possible in Wings.

     Thanks, but it's more the quality of wings than my speed working.
I'm sure someone with more experience can do it in less than half of the
time I expended. I myself should be able to do it faster next time...

> I guess it is a pretty fast render?

     Yes, the car mesh is big (1,5MB), but traces very fast, specially
saving the rad first with plain textures.

> There seems to be a sky with
> clouds. That, together with the road elements, comprises the scene?

     Yes, but it's a big sphere with a spherical render of one of my LOTW
scenes, and the sun light is placed in the same position as in that LOTW
scene to match the lighting on the image. This sphere also contributes
to light the scene with radiosity (1 bounce). You can see it better on
the images attached...

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test-car-4i.jpg' (50 KB) Download 'test-car-4j.jpg' (42 KB)

Preview of image 'test-car-4i.jpg'
test-car-4i.jpg

Preview of image 'test-car-4j.jpg'
test-car-4j.jpg