POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you - WIP Update : Miss you - WIP Update Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:37 EDT (-0400)
  Miss you - WIP Update
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Dec 2004 13:12:07
Message: <41c5c477@news.povray.org>
So, latest installment. After the macros for dropping snow onto objects were
working, I tweaked a few hours (parsing times can get high at times, and
small tweaks can have great impact, and thus, you quickly add up to long
hours...) and went on with the image. A selection of four more trees were
generated with Arbaro and are used with a randomization process to create
the forest, which actually consists of roughly 3200 trees.

Some cleaning up of the sources is in order soon, as I've had to move quite
some things around for several lightgroups. The main tree's trunk casts an
arealight-shadow, but doesn't receive arealights itself, the foreground
casts and receives arealights, the background only point-lights... I'm
pondering what to place above (image-wise speaking, not in 3D) the cat. I've
been experimenting with a small macro to create some random houses and
create a little town, then again, I'd also find it fitting to somehow
encircle the cat with a space of white, to further point out that it is
alone and waiting for it's friend, the bird, to return (which is "back in
spring", hence the small note on the tree).

The sky will of course get some clouds in due time.

Suggestions, comments and questions welcome,

regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"