POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Furniture : Re: Wooden Furniture Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:36:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Furniture
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Dec 2004 23:15:52
Message: <41c50078$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the feedback.

But the reason I was using three lights was to get **enough** illumination.
Just one light doesn't seem to cut it, so I'm wondering if there's something
basically wrong in my approach or system.

So the question would be - in any typically arbitrary scene such as modeling
a TV or a plant or a table or desk, can you illuminate the scene with one
light source which would approximately simulate one 100W lightbulb in the
room, at 6-18 feet away?

My answer would be - nope- need multiple lights. What's that tell you?

I'll try the gamma correction right now.

Stephen

--
"GrimDude" <a36### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> Units are basically arbitrary. What I meant was to move the lights further
> away. Try something like"
>
> light_source { <-350,350,-475> color rgb 1 }
>
> and if you insist upon using three lights, just sapce them apart on the
> x-axis, or something similar. You won't see the swamping of light upon a
> object and overall intensity should appear diminished. The reason for
using
> greater separation distances is to aid in the control of lighting.
Lighting