POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Furniture : Re: Wooden Furniture Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:36:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wooden Furniture
From: GrimDude
Date: 18 Dec 2004 21:58:07
Message: <41c4ee3f$1@news.povray.org>
Units are basically arbitrary. What I meant was to move the lights further
away. Try something like"

light_source { <-350,350,-475> color rgb 1 }

and if you insist upon using three lights, just sapce them apart on the
x-axis, or something similar. You won't see the swamping of light upon a
object and overall intensity should appear diminished. The reason for using
greater separation distances is to aid in the control of lighting. Lighting
will appear to be much more realistic without having to rely upon parallel
rays, for instance.

Experiment! You can't break anything that I know of! I can't wait to see
your results!

- Grim