POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Work in progress - spatial composition : Re: Work in progress - spatial composition Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Work in progress - spatial composition
From: Alain
Date: 17 Dec 2004 23:13:53
Message: <41c3ae81$1@news.povray.org>
Derek Chen-Becker nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-12-15
10:14... :

> Hi,
>     I've been toying around with this composition for a while and it's
> to the point where I like it, but I think it could be refined a little
> more. I spent a lot of time trying to get the wood textures to look
> natural, and the finish is supposed to look burnished/oil rubbed.
> Comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Derek

Your area_light show some artifacts. look like you are using adaptive
with a to low value, try 1 or 2 with an area_light at least 5 (for
adaptive 1) or 9 (for adaptive 2). I commonly use area_light of 17*17,
sometimes even more, with adaptive 0 or 1 for extra smooth shadows and
fast renders.
Ex.: area_light x*2, y*2, 17, 17 adaptive 1 circular orient jitter
//with those values jitter is less usefull
Some variable reflection, along with fresnel can be nice. Don't forget
to add a "dummy" interior with an ior value if you use fresnel.
Put some small, possibly randomized, rotation on the textures. The grain
is to parallel to the sides.
Take what you like, discard the rest.

Alain