POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : UV mapping : Re: UV mapping Server Time
17 May 2024 05:52:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV mapping
From: Vincent Simar
Date: 17 Dec 2004 18:34:33
Message: <41c36d09@news.povray.org>

news: 41c1839c@news.povray.org...
> I was thinking about uv-mapping a model I've done using Silo, and thus I
> searched for a free software that could create and edit uv-maps of .obj
> files.

So you want a free software on Windows or Linux, to create & edit UV-maps of
.obj files ?

There is maybe another solution, you can try Wings 3D, he can read and write
.obj files.
http://www.wings3d.com/

Here is a little tutorial about UV texturing with Wings3D.
http://www.beatgroover.com/aoi/tute/

Once the mapping done, you can use Poseray and output the right files to
POV-ray

Vincent