POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rain Test 2 : Re: Rain Test 2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rain Test 2
From: Slime
Date: 16 Dec 2004 02:50:45
Message: <41c13e55@news.povray.org>
> I have been working on the media and container for the rain cloud. I
realize
> that the cloud itself is still hot tall enough, so I will work on tht
more.
> However, I think the rain column and the intersection of the rain column
> and the cloud is coming along nicely.

Not bad. I think you really need better media sampling parameters (increase
samples) because the cloud looks like a bunch of flat, partially transparent
layers of grey stuff. I'd comment on the rain, but I think more samples are
required before I can really make judgements on its appearance.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]