POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Penguino [87 Kb] : Re: More penguins [121 Kb] (Was Penguino) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More penguins [121 Kb] (Was Penguino)
From: Scott David Daniels
Date: 15 Dec 2004 18:56:05
Message: <41c0cf15$1@news.povray.org>
Txemi Jendrix wrote:
> Here is a better example of where I want to go with this work.
> What I want is to have a base character and to be able to change
> it with a few declarations, just like here, creating new ones.
> The hair texture is not done yet, and so the skirt, but that
> would be tomorrow.

With a skirt you should avoid reflections up the skirt; paint
the lower third of the stomach oval black.  I learned a bit about
such things when we had to teach a male actor how to sit in
a "skirt" which was just a long shirt over tights.  He looked more
exposed with the shirt covering him somewhat than without the shirt.
I expect most women know about this, but it was a revelation to me.

-Scott