POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Work in progress - spatial composition : Re: Work in progress - spatial composition Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:36:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Work in progress - spatial composition
From: Derek Chen-Becker
Date: 15 Dec 2004 14:15:39
Message: <41c08d5b@news.povray.org>
Przemek Loesch wrote:
> Very nice textures, Derek. I'am wondering how do they look on a bigger
> surface. Maybe putting one bigger cube would be a good opportunity to show
> more of your beautiful textures?

The textures I'm using are actually just the standard T_Wood8 and
T_Wood10. Most of the work in getting them to look right was coming up
with good transformations to show the grain and keep them from looking
like bulls eyes.

> In my opinion the image will be more interesting if you put there one object
> different from the cubes. Maybe something bigger or with different shape,
> colour or finish, or maybe just one piece placed free, without row/column
> alignment. A kind of accent in your composition.

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of offsetting the composition, but that could
work well. I'll play around with that. Thanks for the comments!

Derek