POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb) : Re: Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Dec 2004 12:02:16
Message: <41c06e18@news.povray.org>
> This macro is excellent.

Thank you! High praise... :-)

> I can see it being used for more than just snow. I
> think an interesting use for it would be moss growing on the side of a
> tree.

Yeah, great idea. I guess this surface covering can be used for lots of
different effects (e.g. dust). IIRC someone created a subsurface-scattering
simulation using blobs and image_patterns. The speed-up due to the
pretesting and dividing the area into active and inactive cells should be
worthwhile for lots of these kind of effects.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"