POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb) : Re: Dropsnow Macro Examples (52kb) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:39:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dropsnow Macro Examples (52kb)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Dec 2004 11:58:41
Message: <41c06d41@news.povray.org>
So, the final version, of which I won't do another excessive test. Here we
have 1700 spheres and 49600 cylinders in a blob, and there are still a few
places where a cylinder pops up when it should be a sphere. This one already
required 50 minutes. The point is that even though I could do long and
excruciating parses with ridiculously high settings, the same effect can be
achieved by combining a simpler, pure sphere-version with a cylinder-version
on a less detailed structure.

OTOH, if you have an admirable piece of hardware as a CPU, the parsing times
could drop to a level where it might be feasible doing them. But these "ifs"
pop up everywhere: *if* the PC where much faster, I'd do some Navier Stokes
Equations in Realtime... ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--