POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car modeling with Wings3D [40K] : Re: Car modeling with Wings3D [40K] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car modeling with Wings3D [40K]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Dec 2004 08:48:57
Message: <41c040c9$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> Hi All:
>
>     Just to get a bit more busy before the POVCOMP deadline, I started
> modeling a car with Wings3D. :)
>
>     The main proportions are based on technical drawings of an Audi TT
> found on a Rhinoceros tutorial. The wheels and other scenery are quick
> POV-Ray SDL, hand painted texture_maps and some photographic textures.
>
>     Still very WIP, with many flaws and missing features, but I'm amazed
> at how intuitive Wings3D is: I just improvised the techniques on the fly.

What you can throw together in an offhand moment is "really something
else"  <---- idiomatic praise
The degree to which this borders on photo real is amazing/
Which, by the way, gives it an interesting effect.  The lack of door
handle, seams, etc. makes it a little like a toy car that has suddenly
grown full size, taken on real life texture, and started driving down
the highway.