POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb) : Re: Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:44:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dropsnow Macro Examples (48kb, 52kb & 14kb)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Dec 2004 01:57:57
Message: <41bfe075@news.povray.org>
> The word to describe this: sweetastic. Have you tried a more massive
render,
> with a rediculous number of tiny particles?

Doing one right now, as I'm off to courses now.

> Does your method allow for
> stacking, or will this just leave you with a tiny dusting?

If you look closely at where the big branches meet the trunk, the snow is
stacked there. Stacking in general is allowed, you'd just have to make
several passes, that's all.

> Still, a very impressive result, especially for only a few minutes parse
> time.

Agreed. I'm very fond of how well this turned out after such short scripting
time. Now I'm tweaking the algorithms to near-perfection. :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>