POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : patch modellers : Re: patch modellers Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:38:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: patch modellers
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 14 Dec 2004 12:40:16
Message: <41bf2580$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Zarkoff wrote:
>
>> Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote:
>>

>>> Did you look at jPatch?
>>>
>>> http://jpatch.sf.net
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> I just downloaded jpatch -- but what do I do with a .jar file?
>

> Open it ;)
>
> or do something similar to: java <jarfile>.jar
>
>> Not sure how to set up up jpatch. Do I need some java download to run it?

on my linux box with 2Gb

create file jpatch and stick ~/bin together with jpatch.jar,  modify the
1500 to suit your system,
i use a clone of this for povtree as well

contains

#!/bin/sh

xterm -T "JPATCH" -e 'java  -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M -jar
/home/stephen/bin/jpatch.jar' &

#above is one line - mozilla wrapped it

then chmod +x jpatch

you may want to browse the forums for a link to the latest beta, quite nice
stephen