POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : improved sunset : Re: improved sunset Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: improved sunset
From: scott
Date: 11 Dec 2004 10:52:17
Message: <41bb17b1@news.povray.org>
>> That's strange. Does it still do that if you add no_shadow to the
>> trees? I would understand the trees slowing things down because of
>> shadow rays, but not by *that* much. At least not in the upper half
>> of the image.
>
> That's what confused me too, I left it for a few minutes and it
> hadn't even finished the top line.  I'll try the no_shadow on the
> trees this evening if I get time.

OK, well the no_shadow made it renderable in one go.  No idea why the tree
shadow would be affecting the sky rendering but hey it works.  Made the
clouds a bit bigger, messed a bit with the lighting and put some more media
in the air to make the ground fade to orange in the distance.

I'm thinking it just needs a house or something on that lump on the right in
the foreground.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sky2.jpg' (47 KB)