POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : **** : Re: **** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ****
From: GrimDude
Date: 10 Dec 2004 13:33:43
Message: <41b9ec07$1@news.povray.org>
Hmm, I haven't tried anything like this. I think any procedure can be
programmed for AutoCAD using AutoLISP/VisualLISP. Now that I'm into Inventor
(I believe it's a lot like ProE), I use Visual Basic (actually VBA) and
things go very smoothly. I prefer AutoCAD though, because with AutoCAD2POV I
can export POV code. With Inventor the interpretor program (export directly
to POV) runs $500, so I haven't taken that step yet. On a side note if
anyone knows of a free interpretor please fill me in.

LISP allows you to right routines to handle the tedius operations. I use it
for complex tasks where the potential for error is high, like creating helix
curves, or truss objects. However, even after creating a very complex object
you can take the console command list and generate a LISP routine (if so
inclined). I haven't had a reason to do that yet, either.

- Grim