POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow-on-Tree Macro : Re: Better view on the tree Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better view on the tree
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 10 Dec 2004 12:22:29
Message: <41b9db55@news.povray.org>
> Very cool (cold?) I would suggest a multiple-run senario,  initialy
straight
> down, then with a lighter snow in several directions (wind swirlies). This
> would get rid of the snow exclusively covering one side of the tree,
> letting you give a light dusting on the side(s) you want the wind to blow.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Should I just layer several layers
of snow on top of each other, but from various directions?

That aside, my idea was that the current macro just produces *all* points on
a surface pointing towards a certain direction, removing some points and
adding details - like places where snow accumulates and grows to small piles
against walls and such - is planned to be implemented with macros which
build upon the gathered surface-data.

Regards,
Tim

--