POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Ambient Stuff : Re: More Ambient Stuff Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Ambient Stuff
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 10 Dec 2004 11:46:54
Message: <41b9d2fe$1@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake wrote:

> Looks like a version of MCEscher's Cubic Space Division after too much
> happy juice ;) Others have done a POV-Ray copy and my latest version
> is here <shameless plug>:
> http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/pix1/escher1.jpg

Alf, that's the best computer-generateed version of it I've seen.  You
got the angle and the dimensions correct, reproducing what I consider
the most important feature of Escher's work, the hexagon of empty space
just above the center.  Too many others just seem to say, "well, I got
the boxes and the rectangular tubes, just like Escher, see?"  Escher was
clearly emphasizing, as usual, the duality of object/space, contrasting
the hexagonal cross-sectional shape of the cubes with that of the empty
space.  (Or so I've always thought.)

Dave Matthews