POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rain Test 1 : Re: Rain Test 1 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rain Test 1
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Dec 2004 17:42:23
Message: <41b8d4cf$1@news.povray.org>
> 2. Seing Tim N's snow macro gave me the idea that I could use a similar
> method to test for placement of rain.........What do you think?

Should be possible. A top-view of a cloud shouldn't be too hard to obtain.
Well... Actually, you could do it much easier. Render a top-view of the
cloud, and use the resulting image as a heightfield, which you place
underneath the cloud. Inside the heightfield you place the media for the
rain. When you tweak the borders of the clouds a little, it should be easy
to obtain an image where only thicker parts of the cloud actually drop rain.

But that's just a little rambling and would probably need refinement...

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>