POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : improved sunset : Re: improved sunset Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: improved sunset
From: Slime
Date: 8 Dec 2004 23:55:37
Message: <41b7dac9@news.povray.org>
> Well I added something better than a flat plane, and moved the camera
under
> the clouds.

It's a major improvement. The colors remind me of a sunset much more now. I
would suggest increasing the size of the clouds unless you're really going
for that wispy look.

> For some reason it rendered *really* slow (and we're talking pixels per
> minute here) if I tried to use the media clouds and the 10000 trees at the
> same time.

That's strange. Does it still do that if you add no_shadow to the trees? I
would understand the trees slowing things down because of shadow rays, but
not by *that* much. At least not in the upper half of the image.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]