POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Star Wars Battle Droid : Re: Star Wars Battle Droid Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Wars Battle Droid
From: Carsten Schmitz
Date: 8 Dec 2004 19:56:50
Message: <41b7a2d2@news.povray.org>
Hello!

> > This is true, and while this may be more useful/intuitive for POV
> > purposes, it is somewhat limited in scope. The LDraw libraries are
> > approaching completion of just about every piece LEGO makes/has made, I
> > think.
> I think Anton is claiming the same (i.e. nearly complete ;) )

Well.. Anton did excellent work but his library is far from completion... He
did around 950 different pieces which is amazing for a single person.

The LDRaw library on the other hand is containing more then 2300 pieces with
quality checked parts... (and its still far from completion too).
Additionally another 400 parts are waiting in line to get qualified.

If you want to build and render a really detailed model you NEED a modeller
and the related pieces.. and that is where LDraw & MLCad would be my first
choice.(Take a look at this picture made in LDraw and rendered with POV :
http://www.ldraw.org/gallery/album53/m2001_12_sava_large.jpg )

If I just want to build a simple small lego item then Antons library might
be the faster choice.

Play well

C.