POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Star Wars Battle Droid : Re: Star Wars Battle Droid Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Wars Battle Droid
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 8 Dec 2004 15:54:21
Message: <41b769fd$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
> thats funny. Reminds me of a book I saw this week at a little boutique. It
> was The story of Genesis from the Bible, done with photos of lego creations
> and one or two sentance passages. It was pretty funny. The lego creations
> were very well done.
>
> you've made a nice looking model.

I've heard of that book (I forget the guy's name)...just remember that
he took some artistic liberties and he was careful to choose only the
stories where people were doing something wrong.

There is actually a 3D modeller for LEGO available at
http://www.ldraw.org. There's some conversion necessary to get the file
formats right, but other than that it's pretty straightforward (drag and
drop, mostly). There's a little app there you can download that converts
the LDRAW format in straight POV (only primitives and no CSG,
unfortunately, which results in some very long files). From there it's
all yours.

I hope to be posting a number of LDraw renders in the near future. :)

~Mike