POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Shade 7 (anyone?) : Re: Shade 7 (anyone?) Server Time
17 May 2024 19:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shade 7 (anyone?)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 7 Dec 2004 14:12:39
Message: <41b600a7@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

> The thing is, Wings is awkward for use with Poser.  It's the winged-edge
> paradigm that is the problem.

I was thinking that Shade would interface with Poser, but apparently
whatever interface it has doesn't work in the demo.  Or if it does, I
couldn't find it.  Anyway, I really couldn't see anything that made it
better.

I guess this kind of brings up a sore point with me.  There is all of this
Poser stuff out there, created in very expensive modelling programs.  I
really wish Daz or Curious Labs could come up with something that would
easily allow the user to create clothing, do modelling, paint uv-textures,
etc.  It seems like they already have half of the problem solved (posing),
and many other people have the other half solved (modelling, uv-texturing).
If you could "paint" on the 3D Poser models (rather than map a 2D texture),
that would really rule (like Body Paint, I guess).  But then I suppose it
wouldn't be relatively cheap, either.

Since I'm still just a Wings beginner, I recently used your "women's shoe"
tutorial for creating something similar (not a woman's shoe), as part of my
POVComp entry.  Very nice tutorial.  Very helpful.  :-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com