POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miss you... WIP : Re: Miss you... WIP Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miss you... WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Dec 2004 10:02:50
Message: <41b5c61a$1@news.povray.org>
> I think the whole thing has a nice gift card look except for the horizon
> line. Fading to black looks very CG. Just changing the color of the
> shadow near the horizon line might help.

Ah, yes the horizon. :-) That will be replaced with some mountains, maybe
even some forest on them (but done with some ingenious patterns on far away
objects, as a real forest would probably kill the rendering times). The sky
will also get some media-clouds. All in all, this image shall become a full
near-photorealistic small-poster (but like Gerbera, not for sale :-)

I'm also thinking about adding a fence, or some flowers peeping through the
snow-layer.

Regards,
Tim

--