POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X : Re: povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:04:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 6 Dec 2004 12:02:48
Message: <41b490b8$1@news.povray.org>
> tcsh: povray: Command not found.

	Try the tcsh command 'rehash' and then 'povray' should be found,
assuming the binary is installed in a directory that belongs to your
PATH environment variable.  Check 'printent PATH' for that.

> Whenever I enter the "make check" command I get an error message:
>
> Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
> '/povray-3.6.1/scenes/advan
> ced/biscuit.pov' is not permitted.  Check the configuration in
>  '/usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf'.

	The 'make check' command is meant to be run only before the
package is installed with 'make install'.   If you run 'make check'
again afterwards, the default settings in the ~/.povray/3.6/povray.conf
file will prevent you reading the demo scene again.  This behaviour is
expected.  The 'make check' command is there only for verifying that
the binary you just compiled is working normally, before you install
all the rest of the scene, include, and related files.

	- NC