POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Shade 7 (anyone?) : Re: Shade 7 (anyone?) Server Time
20 May 2024 07:06:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shade 7 (anyone?)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 4 Dec 2004 13:14:52
Message: <41b1fe9c@news.povray.org>
> As long as we're having this discussion here (assuming anyone else is
> responding), what are the benefits of Silo over Wings?  I downloaded the
> trial version, but never really gave it a shot before it expired (my bad).

It's easy, fast to learn, smooth in operation, can be configured easily to
suit your style. It has a good tool set that is growing all the time and
while it doesn't have all the tools Wings has, it is still in development
whereas Wings has come to a stop. It also has the topograhy brush. Grab it
now while it's still cheap because many in the industry are looking hard at
it and the price WILL rise. In development are bones, sophisticated uv
mapping and a lot more.

Mick