POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glass horse : Re: glass horse Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glass horse
From: Jim Charter
Date: 2 Dec 2004 22:31:12
Message: <41afde00$1@news.povray.org>
ingo wrote:
> in news:41ad9988$1@news.povray.org Jacquier Marc wrote:
>

>>Flemming's discovery of penicilin, Roetgen's discovery of X-rays...
>>the list of nice accidents is endless and yet you add it an item :-)
>

> :)
>
> The cause of the accident, it inherited one layer of the texture in this
> scene.
>
> Ingo

Nice, stacked bowls was one of my early still life themes.  I shared my
thesis show with a woman who was doing dog images.  Title of our show:
"Dogs and Dishes", <groan>.

The point of it for me as a painter, was what I considered to be the
compression of information along the highlights on the convex lips of
the bowls.