POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Museum IRTC WIP : Re: Museum IRTC WIP Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Museum IRTC WIP
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 24 Nov 2004 11:25:33
Message: <41a4b5fd$1@news.povray.org>
stm31415 wrote:
> Hmm. It may be that we all speak too soon as far as light levels. Assuming
> you areon a mac, this might be more what you are seeing (not having an
> apple lying around at the moment, I can't be sure):
>
> With this adjustment, all I see is a bit of artifacting on the ceiling.

Wow, that helps.

I really like this scene and can only make a few comments:

The simple pedestals for the robots are good, but the flowerboxes seems
a little bare. Even just some texture would really improve that.

The black doorway in the back was a little distracting once I noticed
it. Maybe some focal blur would help on that (though I hesitate to
recommend a feature that will double or triple your render time). Maybe
some recursive loops of the hall behind the robot on the left would work.

The window seems a little disconnected from the floor light spot (which
could be reduced just a tiny bit IMO - the detail of the windowpane is
all but lost). I know what's displayed is the correct thing, but it took
me a while to figure out where the light was coming from. Maybe a little
tiny light just whiting up the side of the window a bit would help (a
light_group or something so it doesn't mess up the excellent lighting
everywhere else in the scene).

I'm just curious...how many lights are you lighting this with? I really
like the lighting.

~Mike