POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sitting Cat - WIP : Re: Sitting Cat - WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sitting Cat - WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Nov 2004 15:48:43
Message: <41a3a22b$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the suggestions Bob, I'll see what I can manage. For the rear
paws: they are missing on purpose. The cat will be sitting in the snow and
thus, neither front nor rear paws will be visible, which is why I didn't
spend too much detail there. The head is a very tricky part, and getting the
ears to look properly attached is near to impossible I think (they are made
of a mesh generated with my BSplines and my Mesh-Modifying-Macros). I do
want to work a little more on the head though. If I manage to get enough
time, I'll probably implement some sort of "Fur-Dropper", which will place
some textured polygons onto the cat to simulate a more hairy fur, and this
might hide some of the rather messy details... And the cat won't be featured
too large in the final image, which is why I don't need a photorealistic cat
(though I do strive for it :-), but something which will fit the final image
nicely.

That's also the reason why I'll be working on some other parts for now, as
I'm not yet sure if I can actually make it by the deadline (christmas).
Still, this friend of mine isn't so worried about getting it on time, we
always give us the presents once we have found *proper* presents, not just
something you've found and bought because you needed *something*. Last time,
she gave me her present in March or so... We have some strange and rare type
of friendship...

Regards,
Tim

--