POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray : Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray
From: Shay
Date: 23 Nov 2004 10:12:26
Message: <41a3535a@news.povray.org>
William Pokorny wrote:

> Both methods of expression seem so much simpler than using POV-Ray,
> musical instruments or paint.

Depends on how a person is using POV-Ray, musical instruments, or paint.
The vernacular for musical and visual expression is so well established.
Country, contemporary, rock, punk, etc., etc., etc. It's all played on
the same blues scales. Twenty years ago, people still found room to
experiment with themes, but that seems to have been exhausted as well.

I don't pay attention to performance art, but I'm sure that much of the
same can be said for most of it. I'm not saying one is is better or
simpler than another. Looks like same=same to me.

> I do wonder where they got the glass  toilet as I cannot imagine
> there is much of a market for such a  thing. ;-)

??? Never saw it myself. It was described to me as "glass toilet".
Possibly a generalization. I would guess a porcelain toilet with a clear
PVC tube coming out of the bottom. I know that this thing was on a
raised platform. But who knows? maybe the guy had a real glass toilet.

  -Shay