POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray : Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray
From: William Pokorny
Date: 22 Nov 2004 23:49:18
Message: <41a2c14e$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Jim. I'll pass along your comments to the other contributors to the
web site. We are fortunate to have some great volunteers.

I  too believe in community arts organizations and in revitalizing local
artists. The best art happens in small, personal spaces. While it is true
the artists employed for the world stage by art businesses often possess
great skill and ability, the connection to the community I live in and to me
is distant, illusory and often manufactured to fool me. I do enjoy art
produced by businesses, but when I seek real life,  I find what I desire
most readily in local arts. Local, personal, small scale art is intensely
moving and intensely real.

Stacking another soapbox upon my first and climbing atop - Big business art
is fine, but I think our world should again discover the value, importance
and easy affordability of community art.  :-)
Bill