POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray : Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray
From: William Pokorny
Date: 22 Nov 2004 22:44:50
Message: <41a2b232$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks. We will consider your comments along with the comments we garner
from those who review the test prints.

The images are supposed to be floating within a metal like framework sitting
upon the rays. In other words - the transparency you see is intentional
though I have apparently not generated the desired effect! It is easier to
see on the full resolution images, the smaller of those is about 3 times the
resolution of the larger image I put up on the web site. Perhaps this
resolution and the effect will come through better on the prints, but we
have yet to see them.

While I am talking about prints, does anyone know what printers are used by
Zazzle? I'd like to use them for our best large prints, which will end up
under frame in a few places, but  I am leaning towards a vendor in New York
which publishes details on the printers used, the resolutions at which they
run them and inks used.

While I agree there are different ways to assemble this image. Using a tool
like POV-Ray  frees one from having to edit the full image - which requires
more than 1.2G to load and edit with a single undo and just two layers.
Further during development of the image POV-Ray was used to generate much
smaller evaluation images. When looking at the full image the GIMP was used
only as an image browser.
Bill