POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sitting Cat - WIP : Re: Sitting Cat - WIP Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sitting Cat - WIP
From: Ross
Date: 22 Nov 2004 14:42:29
Message: <41a24125$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote in
message news:41a2319c$1@news.povray.org...

> Yeah, head on the cat's face looks a little strange, but it's mostly
> lighting, blob's limitations and the texturing (no actual fur) which spoil
> that view. As the cat will be seen sideways, I think I'll leave it at
that.
> I've learned that it's often better to head for proper "final" results,
> rather than focus on details that won't be visible. I can always refine
> models and textures when I need them in a different setting.

actually, i think the side view is the most odd looking. the forehead looks
too round. I was only able to find this illustration, but it shows what i
mean if you look at the black cat on the right.

http://scienceartandmore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=122

there is a little dip between the top of the head and the nose.

otherwise, it's looking very catlike.