POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Sitting Cat - WIP : Re: Sitting Cat - WIP Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sitting Cat - WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Nov 2004 13:31:22
Message: <41a2307a@news.povray.org>
> The eyes should be more round, dark, and shiny, IMO. You caught the shape
of
> the inner eye and pupil well, but the outer edge is the shape fo a humans
> eye. Not only does this look funny (to me) but it also pushes the eyes to
> an odd angle on the head.

I know, the head (like the rest of the body) is made with blobs, and I'm not
quite sure if I want to change the eyes or not, mainly because the cat won't
be featured prominently in the image, and something that looks close to a
cat is really sufficient. I might give the eyes another go this week, but
I'm closing in on the christmas deadline, and yet need to model a tree, a
bird's nest and a landscape (probably with some backdrop-tree-textures, a
fence etc). Once I've positioned the cat, I'll see if I really need to
adjust the eyes, or if it's okay the way it is. But thanks for the comment,
I'll keep it in mind.

> Cool stuff, though. The texture is really looking good, as are the
whiskers.
> That semi-transparent shiny look is perfect.

Thanks, I just hope that they will be visible in the final image without
needing to resort to really high-antialiasing settings...

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"