POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface scattering on a human head : Re: Subsurface scattering on a human head Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface scattering on a human head
From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Nov 2004 09:39:12
Message: <419f5710$1@news.povray.org>
Interesting experiment.  One I wanted to try but never quite got around
to it.

You raise one point I have always thought to be true also.  That you can
get a better effect with a sufficiently dense NON SMOOTHED mesh than
with smoothing,... SSS or not.

Of course much of the dissappointment with your test result has to do
with the plastic consistency of your pigment.  Skin pigment is much more
variegated than we normally realize.