POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface scattering on a human head : Re: Subsurface scattering on a human head Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface scattering on a human head
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 20 Nov 2004 07:50:40
Message: <419f3da0@news.povray.org>
Jellby wrote:
> Among other things, stm31415 saw fit to write:
>

>>Here is antoher image, from an angle less flattering to my model, but
>>better for seeing the subsurface scattering/media effect. With a smoother
>>skin and more SSS. This image gains almost a 'heavenly' softness. You can
>>still see, however, the facets on the back of his head, a place that
>>normally would need very little detail.
>

> That one looks like velvet! Could you use that texture in a more appropriate
> model (maybe some cloth)?

I have the perfect model: yesterday I was working on a jewelry display
like you'd see in a department store displaying necklaces. It was going
to be a POVCOMP entry but after some feedback from my family I think
I'll scrap the idea. :) Anyway, I was going to need a "velvet" texture
for the mannequin. This might work perfectly. Sam, if you want my scene
to try it out on, I can send you the POV file. I've attached  small
render of what I have currently.

~Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: