POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My latest spacecraft... : My latest spacecraft... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  My latest spacecraft...
From: Rarius
Date: 19 Nov 2004 05:33:36
Message: <419dcc00@news.povray.org>
A while back I posted an animation of a spacecraft approaching Mars... Ever
since then I've been trying to create a adversary for it... Well, I think
I've done it!

This is one for the POV purists as it is totally CSG. That means no meshes
and no modeller. It was all hand coded.  Personally I find I get more
control that way... It is amazing what you can do with a #while() loop!  The
only non CSG in the model are the textures which are all based on a single
bitmap and the UN logos...

The attached image was rendered at 1280x1024 (my screen res) and resized in
PSP...

All told it took about 5 hours from start to finish... Now I need to
choreograph a battle with the other ship!

Rarius

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'PeelingOff.jpg' (58 KB)