POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Final version RandWall and RandStairs macros : Re: Final version RandWall and RandStairs macros Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final version RandWall and RandStairs macros
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Nov 2004 03:54:24
Message: <419c6340$1@news.povray.org>
"Bryan Valencia" <bry### [at] 209softwarecom> schreef in bericht
> Well, I haven't looked at your macro, but if you kept a list of where the
> seams are on the row below (as an array), you could use those numbers to
> 'repel' seams on the current level.  Alternately, if it's easier, you can
> mark the centers of the stones on the row below and use that to 'attract'
> the seams on the current row.
>
> An even better way would be to use a 2D array of numbers and just layout
the
> seams in the array, making sure that the consecutive layers don't have
seams
> at the same places.

Thanks Bryan!
Yes, I have been thinking on the line of your first suggestion. I shall
probably going that way. The second seems good, but maybe will hamper the
random effect... Third, hm... the 2D array should be calculated first in the
macro, before placing the stones, right?

Thomas